Vocational Education and Training (VET)
Christies Beach High School hosts a range of vocational pathways programs to support students in their chosen careers. Students will be able to achieve their South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE) whilst learning skills and working toward an industry-accredited qualification.
Vocational pathways can provide:
- credit towards SACE Stage 1 and Stage 2
- credit towards a recognised VET qualification
- pathways to apprenticeships, traineeships, further education or training and direct employment
- introductions to emerging industries or industries experiencing skills shortages
- literacy, numeracy, career development and practical vocational experiences.
The following link provides information on career pathways and a course search with university and TAFE options: https://christies-beach-highschool.goodcareers.com.au/.
VET courses delivered at Christies Beach High School include:
- Certificate II in Automotive Servicing Technology
- Certificate II in Community Services
- Certificate II and III in Conservation and Land Management
- Certificate II in Construction, D2C, supported by CITB
- Certificate II in Hospitality ‘Kitchen Operations’
Southern Adelaide and Fleurieu Secondary School Alliance (SAFSSA)
SAFSSA is a consortium of schools in the Southern Adelaide, Fleurieu Peninsula and Kangaroo Island regions and Christies Beach High School is a member of this alliance. This provides our students access to up to 40 different vocational courses from across the region.
For more courses and information visit www.safssa.sa.edu.au.
VET Short Courses
Students can also access a range of other VET courses from registered training organisations such as TAFE SA.
School Apprenticeship Options
Students can do an apprenticeship or training while still at school, spending their week in a combination of school, working at a business and skills training at TAFE or another registered training provider. This can be considered as a part time start to a full time apprenticeship.
For more information please contact Student Services on 8329 9700 or visit www.safssa.sa.edu.au.