The object of the CBHS Governing Council is to involve the school community in governance of the school to strengthen and support public education in the community.
It consists of up to 19 councillors including:
- Principal (ex-officio)
- staff members (nominated to the council by election at a general staff meeting)
- elected parent representatives
- students (nominated by Student Voice)
- community representatives.
The majority of councillors must be elected parents of the school.
The role of Governing Council is to:
- provide a focus and forum for the involvement of parents and the school community
- set the broad direction and vision of the school
- strategic planning including developing, monitoring and reviewing the objectives and targets of the strategic plan; and considering, approving and monitoring human resource and asset management plans
- determine policies for the school including policies for the safety, welfare and discipline of students
- determine the application of the total financial resources available to the school including regular review of the budget
- monitor and review the Services Agreement with the Department for Education
- report to the school community and the Minister on the strategic plan, the school’s finances, operational plans and the Council’s operations.
GOVERNING COUNCIL MEMBERS
Contact email address
2020 Governing Council Meeting Dates
Term 1, week 4
Annual General Meeting
Term 1, week 11
Term 2, week 3
Term 2, week 8
Term 3, week 3
Term 3, week 8
Term 4, week 3
Term 4, week 8